Saturday, October 17, 2009

What To Do With All Those Bitter Greens!


Since I prefer to buy my produce local and in season, my kitchen is being held hostage by bitter greens right now! You name it, I have it--kale, collards, mustard greens, etc...

Although I am extremely thankful for the abundance that God provides for our family, I must say that I am a bit overwhelmed every time I open my refridgerator and see all these greens! By nature, they are a bit boring, and I really have no idea what to do with them.

While visiting All Recipes website today, I came across a decent-sounding kale recipe, and we tried it for lunch. I wasn't expecting much, but I must say this dish was quite tasty! I want to share with you the recipe:


Italian-Style Kale

1 bunch kale, stems removed and coarsley chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 tbsp. olive oil

2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar

salt and pepper to taste

Cook the kale in oil over medium-high heat until wilted; reduce volume by half then stir in additional ingreedients. Cover and let simmer 5 minutes and serve hot.


There you go--an easy way to enjoy bitter greens!

2 comments:

  1. haha, kitchen held hostage by greens indeed! here in MN thats about all we get right now too,well andof course Winter squash which ive been serving multipleways,multiple times a week! i happen to love kale of all kinds, my kids will just have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the only person in my family who really likes the kale, but they're eating it just the same!

    ReplyDelete