My family is trying to be intentional this year in the way we approach the Christmas season. Often times, we all have a tendency to get wrapped up in the many festivities that surround the holiday season, that we forget the true meaning of Christmas. This year, we plan on being very purposeful in sharing the hope of Jesus Christ with all guests that grace our home, as well as strangers we may meet at community Christmas events.
One great resource I've found for opening up Christ-centered conversation is the "10 Questions to Ask at a Christmas Gathering" by Donald Whitney. You can visit his website at
http://www.biblicalspirituality.org/ as it contains a wealth of information on reaching out to others in Jesus' name.
1.What was the best thing that happened to you since last Christmas?
2. What was your best Christmas ever? Why?
3. What was the most meaningful Christmas gift you've ever recieved?
4. What was the most apreciated Christmas gift you ever gave?
5. What was your favorite Christmas tradition as a child?
6. What's your favorite Christmas tradition now?
7. How do you try to keep Christ in Christmas?
8. Why do you think people started celebrating the birth of Jesus?
9. Do you think the birth of Jesus deserves such a nearly world-wide celebration?
10. Why do you think Jesus came to Earth?
Christmas is such a special time, ripe with opportunities for us to share our faith and the Gospel message! Make sure to pray before all of your Christmas gatherings/events, that you will have the opportunity to share the Gospel and be an example of Christ's love.
It's not too early to start purposefuly planning for the Christmas season! Sit down with your family now to discuss how you can all be intentional in reaching out in Christ's name this holiday season.