Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Scriptural Encouragement for Difficult Seasons of Motherhood


After eight blessedly peaceful months of baby Henry's life, the teething monster has reared it's ugly head!! These last few weeks have not been easy for me, dealing with the frustrations of a teething little guy that I can't seem to soothe, pregnancy related insomnia, aches and pains, as well as emotional outbursts against my kids and husband. Oh, Lord, how I have sinned against You and my wonderful family! With a heavily burdened heart, I have been searching for Scripture to help me through this difficult season of motherhood. This is what I would like to share with you:




Isaaiah 40:11--"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers His lambs in His arms and hold them to His heart. He gently leads those who have young."




Proverbs 31:28--"Her children stand and bless her; her husband praises her"




Issaiah 40:31--"Yet those who wait on the Lord will gain new stregth; they will mount up on wings of the eagle, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not grow weary."




Matthew 11:28--"Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."




Psalm 127:3--"Children are a blessing from the Lord, the fruit of the womb, a reward."




Psalm 40:1--"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry."






Although motherhood is a beautiful, rewarding season of a woman's life, it is not always easy!!! Nor is it something you must endure alone: remember, cry out to the Lord, and He will give you peace, stregth and a new understanding of the privellege of being a mother! Ladies, this is something we certainly can't do on our own understanding.




Is anyone else going through a difficult season of motherhood right now? What Scripture has encouraged you?

3 comments:

  1. I'm into healthy eating, too. What a great post. My first child was the easiest teether, my second was horrible. I can so identify! Found you on my sis' blog (Stacieafirefighterswife) and thought I'd check you out. Liked what I saw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my blog! I am so glad you did because I was blessed this morning by reading your post. What an amazing woman of God you are!! Thank you for sharing your heart!! Motherhood is an adventure. I have found God daily shaping me into the best version of myself. Although, it is not easy. He is daily showing me the ugliness of my own heart, as well as my strengths, which I would have never known were there had He not blessed me with each one of my children. Children can place you in situations that seem completely out of control and chaotic but it is the Lords way of creating a sanctuary where you can meet Him and be fed and strengthened. It is an amazing walk sister!!! Blessing to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One encouraging scriptures for moms is simply this -- "And this too shall pass . . . "

    ReplyDelete