Friday, September 11, 2009

Our Favorite Dessert--Tiramisu


My family's favorite dessert is tiramisu, an Italian dessert composed of ladyfingers soaked with expresso and a light-as-air cream cheese topping! Here's the recipe that I use:


Tiramisu


1 pkg. ladyfinger cookies (you can substiute pound cake slices if you can't find ladyfingers)

1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz.), softened

2 cups whipped cream ( I like to whip and sweeten my own)

1 cup strong brewed expresso

cocoa powder, for garnish


Arrange ladyfingers in the bottom of a glass dish (you may need to break them to fit); soak with the expresso. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whip cream cheese and whipped cream together on high until light and airy; you may choose to add more sugar at this time if you want it really sweet. Top the ladyfingers with the cream cheese mixture; dust with cocoa powder and refridgerate at least two hours before serving.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if there are any recipes using chocolate or something besides expresso. It sounds really yummy except I am not fond of coffee.

    I noticed you had become a follower of my blog so I hopped on over to visit and say welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did find out that you can substitue 1 cup of warm water mixed with 1 tbsp. cocoa powder for the expresso...it will be bitter, but that part of the tiramisu is supposed to be a bit bitter. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete