Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Saturday Favorite--Taco Salad!


Our two family-favorite meals on Saturdays are pizza and taco salad. I would like to share my taco salad recipe with you:


Taco Seasoned Beef: brown meat with all ingreedients:

1 lb. ground beef

1 small onion, diced

1 clove garlic, well-smashed

1 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. sea salt

1 tsp. paprika

1 tsp. dried oregano

3 tbsp. tomato paste


refried beans (I make my own most of the time--more flavorful, more frugal and soaked!)

corn chips, preferably organic

shredded lettuce

chopped onion and tomato

sliced jalapeno

fresh salsa

guacamole

shredded cheddar cheese


First, place about 1 cup of crushed corn chips on each plate; top with meat and beans. Let each person top their taco salad with toppings of their choice. I set everything out buffet-style. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!

1 comment: